Tuesday 10 July 2012

Kazan in Photos, part 2

I'm back in the UK now, but I still have a few photos of Kazan that I want to upload. Without further ado, here they are.

A view over the Kazanka River. Visible is the new bridge, still under construction, and then the white wall of the Kremlin, with the Qolşärif Mosque, the Söyembikä Tower and the Annunciation Cathedral within.
Ulitsa Baumana (Bauman Street), Kazan's central high street
Old bank on Ulitsa Baumana. Those toy cars were always sitting on Baumana
somewhere, and I never worked out why.

A military vehicle parked at the Institute I was studying at
This striking building is the Galiaskar Kamal Tatar Academic
 Theatre, which hosts plays in the Tatar language.
Statue of a scene from some local fairytale
The teachers at the Institute kept recommending we visit this
 park (called Chernoe Ozero), claiming it was the
 nicest in town. In this photo it looks lovely.
However, this photo of the same park, taken a stone's throw away
from the one above, makes it look somewhat less idyllic.

I don't know what these buildings are, but they look like a futuristic castle.
Kazan's amusement park
Lake next to Riaf Monastery, just outside Kazan
This little market looked wonderfully traditional and exotic, but when I got my camera out the creepy
 Tatar men who were working there all got weirdly overexcited, so I had to make a quick exit.
Sunset over the Kazanka

No comments:

Post a Comment